0

The Eleventh Wheel


"You don't need to change a thing about you, babe.  I'm telling you, from where I sit you're one of a kind.  Relationships. I don't know why, they never work out & they make you cry.  But the guy that says goodbye to you is out of his mind."- Griffin House

The past few days have been pretty crazy.  I kind of felt like my world was crashing down, but tonight was absolutely wonderful.  I went to see Ten Out of Tenn at Common Grounds.... soooooooooooo great.  It was incredibly neat to see what David, Ryan, and I do on a larger scale: a co-op made up of crazy dreamers who somehow ended up being friends and encouraging each other in vital ways.  I ran into my friend Tommy Read (lead singer from Judas Feet) tonight.  Like most of the good friends in my life, I see him only every once in a while and our time together is filled with months of conversation. I came very close to joining him on a west coast tour in February, but time just wasn't on our side.  Anyways, we chatted about how our writing has been, how it is evolving, what shows we can play together, what we're going to do with our lives..... everything.  He told me he recently got engaged, despite the fact he is still couch surfing.  (Apparently his fiancee surfs right along with him.... how cute)  I wonder if it's normal to have as many couch surfing friends as I do.  It has been my experience that couch surfers are the most passionate, humble, and happy people I know.  David fuels off of his passion for his music.  Sean fuels off his passion for change in the Congo.  Passion is so incredible to me.  After the show tonight, I made it a point to talk with the TOT performers.  I wanted to know what fuels them and how their journey has been.  Each one of them expressed their passion for music and adventure; qualities I quickly assumed they had as I evaluated every detail of their show from the front row.  I know passion has always been a strong player in my life, but it's recently become the forerunner.

"I'm dazzled by glamour & camera angles.  The drama & swagger of fools. I sacrificed beauty once to chase after their parade & spent my morning after crawling back to you." - Matt Nathanson

"We're stuck on a stage of parading lust.  It seems it's always only one thing more." - Matthew Perryman Jones

I am discovering that passion can be a great, horrendous, or confusing thing.  At times, it can take the shape of all three forms.  I can not decipher if I am unconsciously curing troubles with products of passion.  Do I really believe resolution comes in the form of a kiss?  Or the number of kisses given and received?  Being kissed is definitely still enough, but it is starting to feel more like an addiction.  The nights I do not spend time with him result in a cluttered mind and severe insomnia.  Each time I lay down to sleep, I remember how perfect it feels to fall into the nook.  Sleeping without it is kind of like trying to sleep with a pillow or a blanket.  Even when it's 100 degrees outside, you have to sleep with a blanket or else everything just feels off.  That is how everything feels right now; just off. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment